The new Elements Search Function
We’re always working on making Elements easier for our customers to find what they’re looking for, and on improving the diversity and commercial viability of our Elements library. So, we’re making some improvements to the Elements search function.
As part of this work, we’ve made some changes to the way that customers will be able to search for and discover new content on Elements, making it easier for them to find what they’re looking for.
What’s changing in the Elements search function?
We’ve made some changes to the way our Elements search engine works, and to how we review content for the Elements library. This means that the search engine will start to prioritize more of the content we know customers want.
This includes content that is:
- New + fresh (our research shows that customers prefer to license new content)
- Relevant to the customer’s search (so that customers don’t have to trawl through pages of items that have nothing to do with their search)
- High quality (self-explanatory: we’re keeping the standard on Elements high), and
How can I make my items easier to find?
There are a few ways to help make your items stand out from the crowd. These include:
- Making sure that all of your items are high quality
- Naming your item something that is easy to search for and relevant to the content
- Tagging your items clearly and correctly
- Creating good previews for your items
- Uploading content that fills gaps in our content library
Will these changes impact the content that will be approved for Elements?
Thanks to these advances in our reviewing process and search engine, we are now able to start accepting additional content. This includes some content that may have previously been rejected on Elements.
Additional content that we will be accepting and adding to the Elements library will be made up of items that meet customer demand and/or fill a gap in our content library. This means that we are more able to tailor the content library to meet customer needs.
Where can I go for help or more information?
If you’re looking for resources to help you understand what items in your category
1. Go to your Envato Author dashboard to see what search terms are trending on Elements right now.
2. Read our latest articles about trends we’re predicting for the next few months.
3. Check out some of our interviews with our featured Authors and learn from the best in the biz!
4. Visit the forums to connect with your peers and learn from each other.